On the job search again today. Went out for sort of farewell drinks last night it wasn't planned very well and was a bit of a sham if I am honest. In Melbourne I am just going to be a follower and not a leader when it comes to social events! I am fed up of organising things and people not turning up! Was asked last night what my age was! Lets just say I look younger than I am, one of the plus points of being asian is that we look younger than we really are! (well in most cases!). To be honest I didn't feel like mingling last night the Internations crowd can be a bit serious sometimes, it's more about networking than having fun! People where trying to have a conversation with me, but I rather spend time with my friends.
Just done a quick search on
www.seek.com.au there are;
- 154 jobs for architects, 58 jobs for project managers in Melbourne
- 31 jobs for architects, 5 jobs for project managers in Perth
- 135 jobs for architects, 49 jobs for project managers in Sydney
On
http://mycareer.com.au/
- 886 Job Search Results for architect in Construction, Building & Architecture in Melbourne
- 150 Job Search Results for architect in Construction, Building & Architecture in Perth
- 630 Job Search Results for architect in Construction, Building & Architecture in Sydney
So on the face of things picking Melbourne seemed like the right choice! Just need to keep applying I might have to stay in architecture but I was hoping to move into project management. I do whatever is in most demand and that pays well! In the last couple of years I been disillusioned with architecture, maybe cause of the dreary architecture in Scotland or just cause the firm I worked for wasn't good!
Meant to be playing squash again today! Played yesterday was just so tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment